Adhearsion is an open-source voice application development framework. Adhearsion users write applications atop the framework with Ruby and call into their code.
Adhearsion rests above a lower-level telephony platform, for example Asterisk, FreeSWTICH or Voxeo PRISM, and provides a framework for integrating with various resources, such as SQL, LDAP and XMPP (Jabber).
- Simple Ruby code
- Flexible CallControllers to handle calls
- High-level media handling constructs
- Simple interaction between calls
- Self-documenting configuration engine
- Support for plugins and other code reuse
- Integration with databases, web APIs, etc
- Event monitoring, async communication
- Ruby 1.9.2+ or JRuby 1.7.0+
- A VoIP platform:
- Asterisk 1.8+
- Prism 11+ with rayo-server
- An interest in building cool new things
gem install adhearsion
An Adhearsion application can be as simple as this:
answer say 'Hello, and thank you for your call. We will put you through to the front desk now...' dial 'tel:+18005550199' hangup
For more examples, check out the website.
Original author: Jay Phillips
Adhearsion has a set of contribution guidelines which help to smooth the contribution process. There is a pre-commit hook that runs encoding checks available in pre-commit. To use it, please copy it to .git/hooks/pre-commit and make it executable.
Copyright (c) 2013 Adhearsion Foundation Inc. MIT LICENSE (see LICENSE for details).