Alchemy is the most powerful, userfriendly and flexible Rails CMS.
- Highly flexible Templating
- Gorgious End-User centric interface
- SEO friendly
- Access Control
- RSS Feeds
- Attachments and downloads
- Powerful image rendering
- Integrates in existing Rails Apps
- BSD License
- Hostable on any Server that supports Ruby on Rails, a SQL Database and ImageMagick
This version of Alchemy CMS runs with Rails 4.0.0 only!
If you are looking for a Rails 3.2 compatible version check the 2.7-stable branch.
If you are looking for a Rails 3.1 compatible version check the 2.1-stable branch.
If you are looking for a Rails 3.0 compatible version check the 2.0-stable branch.
If you are looking for a Rails 2.3 compatible version check the 1.6-stable branch.
Alchemy runs with Ruby >= 1.9.3 (including Ruby 2.0.0).
For a Ruby 1.8.7 compatible version use the 2.3-stable branch.
Use the installer (recommended):
gem install alchemy_cms alchemy new my_magicpage cd my_magicpage
Start the local server:
Then just switch to your browser and open
Add to existing Rails project
In your Gemfile:
gem 'alchemy_cms', github: 'magiclabs/alchemy_cms', branch: 'master'
Run in terminal:
bundle install bundle exec rake alchemy:install
If you did not mounted Alchemy on the root route
'/', then you have to add Alchemy's view helpers manually to your app.
Just paste this in your
After updating Alchemy you should run the upgrader.
Run in terminal:
bundle exec rake alchemy:upgrade
- Read the guidelines: http://guides.alchemy-cms.com.
- Read the documentation: http://rubydoc.info/github/magiclabs/alchemy_cms
- Ask the community: http://groups.google.com/group/alchemy-cms
- If you have bugs, please use the issue tracker on Github.
- For Q&A and general usage, please use the User Group or the IRC channel.
- New features should be discussed on our Trello Board. PLEASE don't use the Github issues for new features.
- Homepage: http://alchemy-cms.com
- Live-Demo: http://demo.alchemy-cms.com (user: demo, password: demo)
- API Documentation: http://rubydoc.info/github/magiclabs/alchemy_cms
- Issue-Tracker: https://github.com/magiclabs/alchemy_cms/issues
- Sourcecode: https://github.com/magiclabs/alchemy_cms
- User Group: http://groups.google.com/group/alchemy-cms
- IRC Channel: #alchemy_cms on irc.freenode.net
- Discussion Board: https://trello.com/alchemycms
- Thomas von Deyen: https://github.com/tvdeyen
- Robin Böning: https://github.com/robinboening
- Marc Schettke: https://github.com/masche842
- Hendrik Mans: https://github.com/hmans
- Carsten Fregin: https://github.com/cfregin