Measurements and coversions library for Ruby
This package handles the basic units of measure:
The emphasis is on:
- coherent interface,
- ease of translation (using i18n).
Internally, values are stored in SI units, with the exception of temperature:
- distance - meters,
- direction - degrees,
- speed - meters per second,
- temperature - degrees celcius,
- weight - kilograms.
new: accepts the S.I. unit as a parameter:
height = ::.(1.75)
to_f: returns the decimal value(s):
height.to_f -> 1.75
other units: there are class methods named after each known unit, which take values in that unit (actually, they are defined as needed):
marathon = M9t::Distance.miles(26.21875) marathon.to_f -> 42194.988
to_s: returns a localized string with units:
I18n.locale = :it puts M9t::Distance.new(3).to_s -> '3 metri'
Class methods for conversion
Methods are available for conversion between any pair of units:
M9t::Distance.miles_to_meters(26.21875) -> 42194.988
- Doesn't handle i18n:
- The library depends heavily on English string representations of units.
- Monkey patches a lot of core classes:
- Adds methods to e.g. Object.
- MIT License: see MIT-LICENSE.txt,
- GPL version 3: see GPL-LICENSE.txt