- Support for ruby versions limited to officially supported version
- Updates to dependency gems, especially nokogiri and ruby-zip
- Patch options parsing for two cell anchor
- Remove support for depreciated worksheet members
- Support for headers and footers for worksheets
- bug fix: Properly escape hyperlink urls
- Improvements in color_scale generation for conditional formatting
- Improvements in autowidth calculation.
- Patched cell run styles for u and validation for family
- MASSIVE REFACTORING
- Patch for apostrophes in worksheet names
- added sheet_by_name for workbook so you can now find your worksheets by name
- added insert_worksheet so you can now add a worksheet to an arbitrary position in the worksheets list.
- reduced memory consumption for package parts post serialization
- Improved control character handling
- Added stored auto filter values and date grouping items
- Improved support for autowidth when custom styles are applied
- Added support for table style info that lets you take advantage of all the predefined table styles.
- Improved style management for fonts so they merge undefined values from the initial master.
- enhance exponential float/bigdecimal values rendering as strings intead of 'numbers' in excel.
- added support for :none option on chart axis labels
- added support for paper_size option on worksheet.page_setup
- minor patch for auto-filters
- minor documentation improvements.
- Add support for hyperlinks in worksheets
- Fix example that was using old style cell merging with concact.
- Fix bug that occurs when calculating the font_size for cells that use a user specified style which does not define sz
- rebuilt worksheet serialization to clean up the code base a bit.
- added data labels for charts
- added table header printing for each sheet via defined_name. This means that when you print your worksheet, the header rows show for every page
July.??.12: 1.1.9 release
- lots of code clean up for worksheet
- added in data labels for pie charts, line charts and bar charts.
- bugfix chard with data in a sheet that has a space in the name are now auto updating formula based values
July.14.12: 1.1.8 release
- added html entity encoding for sheet names. This allows you to use characters like '<' and '&' in your sheet names.
- new - first round google docs interoperability
- added filter to strip out control characters from cell data.
- added in interop requirements so that charts are properly exported to PDF from Libra Office
- various readability improvements and work standardizing attribute names to snake_case. Aliases are provided for backward compatiblity
June.11.12: 1.1.7 release
- fix chart rendering issue when label offset is specified as a percentage in serialization and ensure that formula are not stored in value caches
- fix bug that causes repair warnings when using a text only title reference.
- Add title property to axis so you can lable the x/y/series axis for charts.
- Add sheet views with panes
May.30.12: 1.1.6 release
- data protection with passwords for sheets
- cell level input validators
- added support for two cell anchors for images
- test coverage now back up to 100%
- bugfix for merge cell sorting algorithm
- added fit_to method for page_setup to simplify managing witdh/height
- added ph (phonetics) and s (style) attributes for row.
- resolved all warnings generating from this gem.
- improved comment relationship management for multiple comments
May.13.12: 1.1.5 release
- MOAR print options! You can now specify paper size, orientation, fit to width, page margings and gridlines for printing.
- Support for adding comments to your worksheets
- bugfix for applying style to empty cells
- bugfix for parsing formula with multiple '='
May.3.12:: 1.1.4 release
- MOAR examples
- added outline level for rows and columns
- rebuild of numeric and axis data sources for charts
- added delete to axis
- added tick and label mark skipping for cat axis in charts
- bugfix for table headers method
- sane(er) defaults for chart positioning
- bugfix in val_axis_data to properly serialize value axis data. Excel does not mind as it reads from the sheet, but nokogiri has a fit if the elements are empty.
- Added support for specifying the color of data series in charts.
- bugfix using add_cell on row mismanaged calls to update_column_info.
** April.25.12:**: 1.1.3 release
- Primarily because I am stupid.....Updates to readme to properly report version, add in missing docs and restructure example directory.
** April.25.12:**: 1.1.2 release
- Conditional Formatting completely implemented.
- refactoring / documentation for Style#add_style
- added in label rotation for chart axis labels
- bugfix to properly assign style and type info to cells when only partial information is provided in the types/style option
** April.18.12**: 1.1.1 release
- bugfix for autowidth calculations across multiple rows
- bugfix for dimension calculations with nil cells.
- REMOVED RMAGICK dependency WOOT!
- Update readme to show screenshot of gem output.
- Cleanup benchmark and add benchmark rake task
** April.3.12**: 1.1.0 release
- bugfix patch name_to_indecies to properly handle extended ranges.
- bugfix properly serialize chart title.
- lower rake minimum requirement for 1.8.7 apps that don't want to move on to 0.9 NOTE this will be reverted for 2.0.0 with workbook parsing!
- Added Fit to Page printing
- added support for turning off gridlines in charts.
- added support for turning off gridlines in worksheet.
- bugfix some apps like libraoffice require apply[x] attributes to be true. applyAlignment is now properly set.
- added option use_autowidth. When this is false RMagick will not be loaded or used in the stack. However it is still a requirement in the gem.
- added border style specification to styles#add_style. See the example in the readme.
- Support for tables added in - Note: Pre 2011 versions of Mac office do not support this feature and will warn.
- Support for splatter charts added
- Major (like 7x faster!) performance updates.
- Gem now supports for JRuby 1.6.7, as well as experimental support for Rubinius
** March.5.12**: 1.0.18 release https://github.com/randym/axlsx/compare/1.0.17...1.0.18
- bugfix custom borders are not properly applied when using styles.add_style
- interop worksheet names must be 31 characters or less or some versions of office complain about repairs
- added type support for :boolean and :date types cell values
- added support for fixed column widths
- added support for page_margins
- added << alias for add_row
- removed presetting of date1904 based on authoring platform. Now defaults to use 1900 epoch (date1904 = false)
** February.14.12**: 1.0.17 release https://github.com/randym/axlsx/compare/1.0.16...1.0.17
- Added in support for serializing to StringIO
- Added in support for using shared strings table. This makes most of the features in axlsx interoperable with iWorks Numbers
- Added in support for fixed column_widths
- Removed unneeded dependencies on active-support and i18n
** February.2.12**: 1.0.16 release https://github.com/randym/axlsx/compare/1.0.15...1.0.16
- Bug fix for schema file locations when validating in rails
- Added hyperlink to images
- date1904 now automatically set in BSD and mac environments
- removed whitespace/indentation from xml outputs
- col_style now skips rows that do not contain cells at the column index
January.6.12: 1.0.15 release https://github.com/randym/axlsx/compare/1.0.14...1.0.15
- Bug fix add_style specified number formats must be explicity applied for libraOffice
- performance improvements from ochko when creating cells with options.
- Bug fix setting types=>[:n] when adding a row incorrectly determines the cell type to be string as the value is null during creation.
- Release in preparation for password protection merge
December.14.11: 1.0.14 release
- Added support for merging cells
- Added support for auto filters
- Improved auto width calculations
- Improved charts
- Updated examples to output to a single workbook with multiple sheets
- Added access to app and core package objects so you can set the creator and other properties of the package
- The beginning of password protected xlsx files - roadmapped for January release.
December.8.11: 1.0.13 release
- Fixing .gemspec errors that caused gem to miss the lib directory. Sorry about that.
December.7.11: 1.0.12 release DO NOT USE THIS VERSION = THE GEM IS BROKEN
- changed dependency from 'zip' gem to 'rubyzip' and added conditional code to force binary encoding to resolve issue with excel 2011
- Patched bug in app.xml that would ignore user specified properties.
December.5.11: 1.0.11 release
- Added  methods to worksheet and workbook to provide name based access to cells.
- Added support for functions as cell values
- Updated color creation so that two character shorthand values can be used like 'FF' for 'FFFFFFFF' or 'D8' for 'FFD8D8D8'
- Examples for all this fun stuff added to the readme
- Clean up and support for 1.9.2 and travis integration
- Added support for string based cell referencing to chart start_at and end_at. That means you can now use :start_at=>"A1" when using worksheet.add_chart, or chart.start_at ="A1" in addition to passing a cell or the x, y coordinates.
October.30.11: 1.0.10 release
- Updating gemspec to lower gem version requirements.
- Added row.style assignation for updating the cell style for an entire row
- Added col_style method to worksheet upate a the style for a column of cells
- Added cols for an easy reference to columns in a worksheet.
- prep for pre release of acts_as_xlsx gem
- added in travis.ci configuration and build status
- fixed out of range bug in time calculations for 32bit time.
- added i18n for active support
October.26.11: 1.0.9 release
- Updated to support ruby 1.9.3
- Updated to eliminate all warnings originating in this gem
October.23.11: 1.0.8 release
- Added support for images (jpg, gif, png) in worksheets.
October.23.11: 1.0.7 released
- Added support for 3D options when creating a new chart. This lets you set the persective, rotation and other 3D attributes when using worksheet.add_chart
- Updated serialization write test to verify write permissions and warn if it cannot run the test due to permission restrcitions.
- updated rake to include build, genoc and deploy tasks.
- rebuilt documentation.
- moved version constant to its own file
- fixed bug in SerAxis that was requiring tickLblSkip and tickMarkSkip to be boolean. Should be unsigned int.
- Review and improve docs
- rebuild of anchor positioning to remove some spagetti code. Chart now supports a start_at and end_at method that accept an arrar for col/row positioning. See example6 for an example. You can still pass :start_at and :end_at options to worksheet.add_chart.
- Refactored cat and val axis data to keep series serialization a bit more DRY
October.22.11: 1.0.6 release
- Bumping version to include docs. Bug in gemspec pointing to incorrect directory.
- Added support for line charts
- Updated examples and readme
- Updated series title to be a real title ** NOTE ** If you are accessing titles directly you will need to update text assignation. chart.series.first.title = 'Your Title' chart.series.first.title.text = 'Your Title' With this change you can assign a cell for the series title chart.series.title = sheet.rows.first.cells.first If you are using the recommended chart.add_series :data=>, :labels=>, :title You do not have to change anything.
- BugFix: shape attribute for bar chart is now properly serialized
- BugFix: date1904 property now properly set for charts
- Added style property to charts
- Removed serialization write test as it most commonly fails when run from the gem's intalled directory
- altered package to accept a filename string for serialization instead of a File object.
- Updated specs to conform
- More examples for readme
October.21.11: 1.0.3 release
- Updated documentation