RubyGems.org (née Gemcutter)
The Ruby community's gem host.
- Provide a better API for dealing with gems
- Create more transparent and accessible project pages
- Enable the community to improve and enhance the site
RubyGems.org is maintained by Ruby Together, a grassroots initiative committed to supporting the critical Ruby infrastructure you rely on. Contribute today as an individual or even better, as a company, and ensure that RubyGems.org, Bundler, and other shared tooling is around for years to come.
Please follow our contribution guidelines.
To get setup, please check out the Development Setup.
Our deployment process is documented on the wiki as well, there's a multi-step Checklist to run through.
Also please take note of our Code of Conduct.
If you have any trouble or questions getting set up please create an issue on this repository and we'll be happy to help!
RubyGems.org consists of a few major parts:
- Rails app: To manage users and allow others to view gems, etc.
- Gem processor: Handles incoming gems and storing them in Amazon S3 (production) or
on the filesystem in
RubyGems.org uses the MIT license. Please check the LICENSE file for more details.